This page will stay updated with all necessary communications concerning services, ministries, and resources. All updates will remain on this page, and be dated with the most recent update listed first.
September 1, 2020 - Beginning Sunday, September 13, all adult small groups will have the option of meeting on-campus at 8:15 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. in addition to meeting off-campus or virtually. Small group leaders may choose to offer both an in-person and virtual small group. Also on that date, small group options for preschool, kids ministry, and student ministry will meet on-campus at 11:00 a.m. All small group rooms have been set up for proper social distancing and will be sanitized between uses.
Beginning Wednesday, September 16, Adult Equip, Student Equip, Kids' Equip, and Preschool Mission Friends will meet on-campus. All adults will meet in the worship center. Pastor Ryan will lead these large group Equip sessions this fall which will also be live-streamed via all of our online platforms. Preschool, kids, and students will meet in their ministry areas.
Please continue to follow our health and social distancing policies as these ministries return to campus.
July 30, 2020 - Many have asked how the recent executive order issued on Tuesday, 27th affects worship at Nansemond River. The leadership at the SBCV has been in direct contact with the Governor's office and they have confirmed that the most recent executive order for Hampton Roads does not apply to churches or houses of worship. As such, we continue to operate on our established protocols. All of our mitigation practices remain in effect to continue to provide a safe environment for churchgoers who attend our services. The elders continue to monitor the situation and if any changes need to be made, they will be communicated via email, social media and our website.
June 24,2020 - This Sunday, June 28th, 2020, we will be returning to one worship service, starting at 9:30am. In addition to returning to one service, we will aslo be opening modified versions of our Wee Worship and Kids' Worship programs. For additional information on how Wee Worship and Kids' Worship will work, please click here.
May 19, 2020 - Please click here to access a copy of our Stage 1 Reopening Plan.
May 14, 2020- We've begun the process of preparing for reopening for Sunday worship on May 24. Below are the main points you need to know about our reopening plan.
We will have two identical services at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. each Sunday morning beginning May 24 during Stage 1 of our reopening.
To ensure even crowd distribution between the two services, small groups will be assigned a worship time. For those not in a small group, we will ask you to attend based on your last name. Small group worship time assignments will be sent out next Tuesday along with other details concerning our reopening.
- Proper social distancing and sanitation protocols will be in place during our services, including:
- blocking off every other pew
- blocking off a minimum of 6 feet in the middle of longer pews
- single entrance with hand sanitizing stations
- no-touch entrance and exit of all areas except the bathrooms
- hard-surface sanitation before each service
- Masks are encouraged at all times (per CDC and Virginia state guidelines). A limited number of masks will be available for those who want one but do not have access to one.
- No nursery, wee worship, or kids’ worship will be available. However, children are welcome in our services and are seen as a BLESSING, not as a distraction or hindrance. The nursing mother’s room will be available during services.
- We will live stream both services for those unable to attend in person.
All members and regular attenders are encouraged to complete the Reopening Questionnaire online no later than Monday, May 18 to help the elders make informed decisions concerning our reopening plans. You can access the questionnaire here.
Please join Pastor Ryan on Tuesday, May 19, at 6:30 p.m. on any of our online streaming platforms: Facebook, Youtube, nrbc.online.church, or our website for an explanation of our reopening policies and a live Q&A time to ensure everyone is on the same page.
March 26, 2020- Pastor Ryan shares in the video below about our new live stream options beginning this Sunday.
March 19, 2020- No in-person worship service or small group available on Sunday, March 22. We will still offer a live-streamed service online at 9:30 a.m. this Sunday. Please join us for worship this Sunday here. Pastor Ryan provided a video update on worship and small group. You can watch it below.
March 16, 2020- Letter mailed to all church and small group members. Click here for a digital version.
March 15, 2020- Pastor Ryan provides an important update and challenge to our congregation at the end of the service. You can watch it here.
March 15, 2020- Service only at 9:30 a.m. No small groups, wee worship, kid's worship
- The Parent’s Conference scheduled for March 21 is postponed until the Fall. The new date will be available soon.
- Spring Equip (all ages) will not meet on March 18 & March 25.
- All daytime ministries that use our facility are canceled until at least March 30.
- The City of Suffolk has canceled the Eggstravaganza on April 4, where we were scheduled to serve.
March 14, 2020- Email sent to all church and small group members. Click here for a digital version.
March 12, 2020- Email sent to all church and small group members. Click here for a digital version.