Passage: Proverbs 8
Wisdom Calls Aloud to All Who Will Hear
- Wisdom publicly calls for all to come and hear
- Proverbs 8:1-5
- Wisdom’s call is the way to righteousness
- Proverbs 8:6-11
Wisdom Changes and Blesses Those Who Answer
- Answering wisdom’s call creates radical transformation
- Proverbs 8:12-17
- Answering wisdom’s call provides earthly blessing
- Proverbs 8:18-21
Wisdom Reveals Eternal Truth to Those Who Answer
- The Lord has eternally possessed wisdom and offers it to us
- Proverbs 8:22-31
- The personification of wisdom finds its fulfillment in Jesus
- John 1:1-3
- Isaiah 11:1-2
Wisdom Promises Eternal Life to Those Who Answer
- Only those who find wisdom will inherit eternal life
- Proverbs 8:32-36
- While the gospel may seem like foolishness to some, it is the wisdom of God that gives new life, blessing, and eternal salvation.
- I Corinthians 1:18-25
- Which call am I more likely to listen to, the call of wisdom or the call of foolishness?
- How have I seen transformation in my life after answering the call of Wisdom?
- Why does the wisdom of God seem like foolishness to those who are still in their sin?