Wisdom Centered Consumption
- Envy is the sinful desire of wanting that which God has not provided for you
- Proverbs 23:17
- Envy is sinful because it demonstrates a lack of trust that the Lord knows what you truly need and will provide for those needs.
- Proverbs 27:4
- We battle envy in our lives by practicing thankfulness.
- Proverbs 14:30
- Greed is the sinful desire to hoard that which the Lord has provided for you.
- Proverbs 24:19-20
- Greed is sinful because it demonstrates a lack of trust in the Lord’s future provision while failing to meet the needs of others.
- Proverbs 21:13
- We battle greed in our lives by practicing generosity.
- Proverbs 23:17-18
- Proverbs 19:17
- Gluttony is the sinful act of overindulging on that which the Lord has provided for you.
- Proverbs 23:19-21
- Gluttony is sinful because it allows created things to control you rather than you having control over them.
- Proverbs 23:1-3
- We battle gluttony in our lives by practicing self-control.
- Proverbs 28:7
- Proverbs 25:16
- The gospel frees us from envy, greed and gluttony and allows us to battle them by practicing righteousness.
- Galatians 5:16-23
- Which of these three sins (envy, greed, gluttony) do you find you struggle with the most?
- How can you strive to practice righteousness (thankfulness, generosity, or self-control) in order to battle that sin?