Wisdom Centered Decision Making
Passage: Proverbs 16:1–16:9
The Lord Sovereignly Reigns Over His Creation
- v1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. v9 The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
- Proverbs 16:33
- Proverbs 21:1
- v4 The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.
- Proverbs 11:5
All of Our Decisions are Real, Meaningful, and Have Eternal Consequences
- v2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit.
- Proverbs 21:2
- Proverbs 12:15
- Proverbs 16:25
- v5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.
- Proverbs 19:3
Those Saved by the Lord Have the Ability to Please Him by Making Wise, Obedient Decisions
- v6 By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one turns away from evil.
- Proverbs 14:22
- v3 Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
- v7-8 When a man’s ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.
- Proverbs 11:20
- We should trust in the Lord’s sovereign plan while seeking to make wise decisions in accordance with His revealed will.
- James 4:13-17
- Why does our sin nature cause us to question the sovereignty of God?
- How can we know that our decisions are in accordance with God’s will?