Passage: Ephesians 1:15–1:23
Prayer that the Church May Know Him
- 15, 16 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,
- 17, 18a that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened,
- Colossians 3:16
- 2 Timothy 3:14-17
Prayer that the Church May Know the Hope and Promise of the Gospel
- 18b that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you,
- Ephesians 2:12
- 18c what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
- Ephesians 1:11
Prayer that the Church May Know the Power of God
- 19, 20a and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead
- Romans 1:16
- Romans 6:5
Prayer that the Church May Know the Person of Christ
- 20b-22a and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet
- Psalm 110:1
- Hebrews 1:3-4
- Colossians 1:15-17
- 22b, 23 and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
- Colossians 1:18
- God desires that his church continually seek to know Him more.
- Ephesians 3:20-21
- What is the church’s source of absolute truth about God and his gospel?
- How does God’s power that raised Christ from the dead being extended to the church provide comfort and assurance in the hope we have in him?
- How does knowing God more ignite the church to greater obedience?