Call and Promise
Passage: Genesis 11:27–12:9
“Call and Promise”
Genesis 11:27 - 12:9
Pastor Ryan Brice
October 4, 2020
• The Sons of Terah and Their Wives
ₒ Genesis 11:27-30
• Terah’s Family Moves
ₒ Genesis 11:31, 32
ₒ Acts 7:1-4
The Call of the Lord to Abram
• 12:1 Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.
ₒ Hebrews 11:8
The Promise of the Lord to Abram
• 12:2, 3 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
ₒ Genesis 11:4
• 12:4-6 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people that they had acquired in Haran, and they set out to go to the land of Canaan. When they came to the land of Canaan, Abram passed through the land to the place at Shechem, to the oak of Moreh. At that time the Canaanites were in the land.
• 12:7 Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” So he built there an altar to the Lord, who had appeared to him.
ₒ Acts 7:5
• 12:8, 9 From there he moved to the hill country on the east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. And there he built an altar to the Lord and called upon the name of the Lord. And Abram journeyed on, still going toward the Negeb.
ₒ Hebrews 11:9, 10
• The Lord is faithful to keep his promise to those who respond in faith when called by Him.
ₒ Galatians 3:7-9, 15-18, 29