A Different Kind of King
Passage: Genesis 14:1–14:24
“A Different Kind of King”
Pastor Ryan Brice
October 25, 2020
The Battle of Nine Kings
• Four northern kings attempt to reestablish control over five vassal kings in the Jordan River Valley
ₒ Genesis 14;10-12
• Abram pursues and defeats the four northern kings
ₒ Genesis 14:13-16
Abram Encounters a Unique Tenth King
• The priest-king Melkizedek blesses Abram and receives a tithe from him
ₒ Genesis 14;17-20
• Abram refuses to share in the plunder with the wicked king of Sodom
ₒ Genesis 14:21-24
• King David believed another King would come in his line who would be a different kind of King.
ₒ Psalm 110:1, 4
ₒ Zechariah 6:12-14a
• Jesus fulfilled the prophecy that a final Priest-King would reign forever.
ₒ Hebrews 5:6-10
ₒ Hebrews 6:19-7:3
• It is only through this new and better Priest-King, who established a new and better covenant, that we may enter into the presence of God.
ₒ Hebrews 7:4-11
ₒ Hebrews 7:22, 25