Grace and Peace in Thessalonica
Passage: 1 Thessalonians 1:1–1:1, 2 Thessalonians 1:1–1:2
The Thessalonians’ Place Within the Unfolding Story of God’s Church
- The Apostle Paul, Silas, and Timothy plant a church in Thessalonica during Paul’s second missionary journey
- Acts 15:39–41
- Acts 16:1-5
- Acts 16:9-10
- Acts 17:1–10a
- 1 Thessalonians 3:1, 2
- Acts 18:5, 11
- The Apostle Paul, Silas, and Timothy write back-to-back letters to the fledgling church
- 1 Thessalonians 3:6
- 1 Thessalonians 1:1a
- 2 Thessalonians 3:11
- 2 Thessalonians 1:1
Grace and Peace Are Keys to Understanding Our Saving Faith, Present Responsibilities, and Future Reality.
- 1 Thess. 1:1b Grace to you and peace.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:1–4, 13
- 1 Thessalonians 4:1–8
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6–10
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18
- 2 Thessalonians 2:1-2
The Source of Our Grace and Peace
- 2 Thess. 1:2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- Have I, by the grace offered through Jesus Christ, found peace with God in all things?
- Romans 5:1
- John 14:27
- Why is it important for us to be regularly reminded that it is by grace alone that we are saved?
- How does having peace with God give us strength for today?
- How does having peace with God give us hope for the future?