Passage: 1 Thessalonians 2:9–2:12
The Value of Secular Labor
- 9a For you remember, brothers, our labor and toil: we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
- 1 Thessalonians 4:10b–12
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6–12
- Ephesians 4:28
- 9b while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God.
- Nehemiah 4:15–18
The Value of Sanctifying Labor
- 10 You are witnesses, and God also, how holy and righteous and blameless was our conduct toward you believers.
- 1 Timothy 4:12, 13
- 11, 12 For you know how, like a father with his children, 12 we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory.
- How do I glorify the One who called me by faithfully serving in His kingdom building mission?
- Colossians 1:28, 29
- Do I perform my secular work as unto the Lord?
- Do I allow my secular work to hinder my ability to do sanctifying work?
- Are there areas that I could further serve within the body of Christ to help achieve the mission?