Passage: 1 Thessalonians 2:17–3:5
Together In Love
- 17 But since we were torn away from you, brothers, for a short time, in person not in heart, we endeavored the more eagerly and with great desire to see you face to face,
- John 13:34, 35
- 1 John 4:7–12
- Romans 12:9, 10
- 19, 20 For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? For you are our glory and joy.
Together in Opposition, Affliction, and Faith
- 18 because we wanted to come to you—I, Paul, again and again—but Satan hindered us.
- 5 For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to learn about your faith, for fear that somehow the tempter had tempted you and our labor would be in vain.
- Ephesians 6:11, 12
- Luke 8:12
- 1-4 Therefore when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left behind at Athens alone, and we sent Timothy, our brother and God's coworker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in your faith, that no one be moved by these afflictions. For you yourselves know that we are destined for this. For when we were with you, we kept telling you beforehand that we were to suffer affliction, just as it has come to pass, and just as you know.
- Galatians 6:2
- Ephesians 6:16
- The gospel unity found in our love for one another should ever increase our commitment to the body and the mission.
- Hebrews 10:24, 25
- How do I show my love for the body of Christ?
- Do I make myself available to those in the church who are currently walking through affliction?
- How do I contribute to the increasing faith of others?
- How do I allow others to contribute to the increasing of my faith?