The Saving Work of the Lord
Passage: 2 Thessalonians 2:13–17
Thanksgiving for the Saving Work of the Lord
- 13 But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
- Ephesians 1:4
- 14 To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Romans 10:10–17
Standing Firm in the Saving Work of the Lord
- 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.
- Joshua 1:7–9
Finding Comfort and Hope in the Saving Work of the Lord
- 16, 17 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
- The saving work of the Lord gives us an unwavering assurance of our salvation.
- Philippians 3:17 – 4:1
- Am I trusting in the saving work of the Lord alone for my salvation?
- How does the Word of God help us to stand firm in our faith?