Jesus In My Place
April 17, 2022 Preacher: Ryan Brice Series: Other Sermons
Passage: 1 John 2:1–5
Main Idea: Jesus lived and died in our place so that we could share in His life, death, and resurrection.
Without Jesus, We Have No Hope for the Forgiveness of Sin
- 1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
- 1 John 1:8, 10
- Hebrews 7:23–26
- 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
- 1 John 1:9
- Hebrews 7:27, 28
Without Jesus, We Have No Hope for Life Transformation
- 3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
- 1 Peter 2:24
- 4–6 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- The resurrection of Jesus ensured forgiveness of sin, full righteousness, and the promise of eternal life for all who believe.
- 1 John 5:10–12
More in Other Sermons
December 25, 2022The Fullness of Time
October 24, 2021Living Hope
September 26, 2021Bold Witness