The Ready Life
Passage: Psalm 119:41–48
Main Idea: We must be ready to share the truth of God’s Word in all circumstances.
Ready to Answer Those Who Oppose the Gospel
- 41, 42 Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord, your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word.
- Proverbs 26:4, 5
- 1 Peter 3:13–17
Ready to Share With Those Who Need to Hear the Gospel
- 43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your rules.
- 2 Timothy 4:1, 2
- 44, 45 I will keep your law continually, forever and ever, and I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17, 18
- Matthew 5:14–16
- 46 I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame,
- Matthew 10:17–20
Ready to Trust With Our Whole Heart
- 47, 48 for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love. I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.
- Matthew 21:18–22
- Am I trusting the Lord to make me ready to speak the truth in all circumstances?
- Acts 20:18–21