The Gospel of Jesus Christ
Passage: Mark 1:1–15
Main Idea: The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the good news of God’s plan to save His people.
The Gospel of Mark Proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- 1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- Acts 12:12, 25
- Acts 13:13
- Acts 15:36-39
- 1 Peter 5:13
- 2 Timothy 4:11
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Fulfillment of What Came Before
- 2, 3 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, “Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way, the voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight,’”
- John 5:39
- 5–8 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins. 6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair and wore a leather belt around his waist and ate locusts and wild honey. And he preached, saying, “After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
The Gospel of Jesus Christ Depends on Jesus Being the Son of God
- 9–11 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”
- Mark 15:37–39
- 12, 13 The Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. And he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan. And he was with the wild animals, and the angels were ministering to him.
- Genesis 3:15
The Gospel of Jesus Christ Demands a Response
- 14, 15 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
- Romans 1:16
- Have I repented of my sin and believed the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Acts 2:38
- Acts 10:43