While our official statement of faith is the Baptist Faith and Message 2000, we’ve been able to summarize and identify six core beliefs as a congregation. Each of our core beliefs also drives a corresponding Core Value.
1. We believe the Bible is God’s Word. Because the Bible is God’s Word, it is completely true, wholly authoritative, and must be proclaimed.
2. We believe there is one, true living God. He is one God in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is the creator and sustainer of all creation, perfect in His being and purposes, and deserving of all worship and praise.
3. We believe all people are created in the image of God. God loves all people as the crowning work of His creation. However, everyone is born separated from God by sin. The sin nature that we all possess prevents us from doing anything on our own that could restore that relationship.
4. We believe salvation is by grace through faith in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ alone. Salvation makes sinful man right with God, brings us into his family, and continues throughout the believer’s life to make him or her into the likeness of Christ. All true believers will persevere to the end and will be rewarded with eternal life.
5. We believe the church is both universal and local. All believers are placed by the Holy Spirit into the universal church upon coming to faith in Christ. The local church is an autonomous, local expression of God’s family with a clear mission. The local church is led and served by the Biblical offices of pastor/elder and deacon. The two ordinances of the church are believers baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
6. We believe God established the family as the foundational institution of human society. Marriage between one man and one woman for life is the cornerstone of God’s design for the family. Children are a blessing from the Lord and should be taught the Word of God in the home by example and instruction.