Passage: Proverbs 3:13–3:18
Wisdom’s Value Found as the Source of Salvation
- Wisdom that leads to salvation is the greatest treasure on earth
- Proverbs 3:13-15
- Wisdom that leads to salvation is the only source of eternal life
- Proverbs 3:16-18
- Genesis 3:22-24
Wisdom’s Value Found in the Foundation of the World
- The Wisdom of the Lord has been with Him since the beginning
- Proverbs 3:19
- John 1:1-3
- To understand the Wisdom of the Lord is to understand the ways of the Lord’s created order
- Proverbs 3:20
Wisdom’s Value Found in Security for Those Who Find Her
- Constant attention to the Lord’s Wisdom is required to reap its full value
- Proverbs 3:21-22
- The Lord secures the earthly path for those who find Wisdom
- Proverbs 3:23-24
- The Lord secures the eternal destiny for those who find Wisdom
- Proverbs 3:25-26
Wisdom’s Value Found in the Blessing of Loving Others
- Those who find Wisdom will love others
- Proverbs 3:28-30
- Leviticus 19:17-18
- There is blessing in doing good to others according to the Lord’s Wisdom
- Proverbs 3:31-35
Knowing Wisdom should be our greatest desire because she offers the greatest value.
- Proverbs 16:16
- Am I trusting in my own wisdom or in knowing true Wisdom (Christ alone) for salvation?
- Are there earthly treasures or pleasures that I have valued over knowing Wisdom?
- Is the Wisdom of God evident in my life by how I love and treat others?