Passage: Proverbs 9
The Invitation to Wisdom’s House
- Wisdom’s house has all we could ever need
- Proverbs 9:1-3
- Wisdom’s house is open to all
- Proverbs 9:4-6
Evidence You Live in Wisdom’s House
- Ability to distinguish between righteousness and wickedness
- Proverbs 9:7-9
- Fear of the Lord as your foundation
- Proverbs 9:10-12
The Invitation to Folly’s House
- Folly tempts the foolish with idolatry
- Proverbs 9:13-16a
- Folly’s house is only pleasing for a short time because it is a poor substitute that leads to death
- Proverbs 9:16b-18
- In which house does my life dwell - the house of wisdom or the house of folly?
- Matthew 7:24-27
- How does this chapter serve to summarize how we can find true wisdom as taught in the previous eight chapters?
- Is there evidence in my life that I’m living in Wisdom’s house?
- What idolatry offered in Folly’s house am I most tempted to run after?