Prayer for the Unified Church
Passage: Ephesians 3:14–3:21
A Passionate, Humble Prayer to a Sovereign God
- 14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
- 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
- Luke 2:57-66
A Request for Inner Strengthening
- 16, 17a that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—
- 2 Corinthians 4:16
- Galatians 2:20
Results of the Request
- 17b-19 that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be ﬁlled with all the fullness of God.
- John 3:16
- Romans 8:37-39
- Colossians 1:19
Doxology of Faith
- 20, 21 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly that all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- The more we understand the truth of the gospel the more richly the love of God dwells in us through Christ Jesus.
- I Corinthians 13:1-3
- How does the gospel compel us to love the lost?
- How does the gospel compel us to love the church?
- How has your understanding of the gospel grown during this Alive In Him series through Ephesians 1-3?