Passage: Acts 2:22–2:41
The Impossible Jesus of Nazareth
- 22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know—
- John 1:1–3, 14
- Matthew 8:1–3, 23–26, 28–32
- Luke 7:11-17
The Impossible Death, Resurrection, and Ascension
- 23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men.
- 24, 32 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it...This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses.
- John 10:17-18
- 33, 36 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing...Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
The Impossible Salvation of Sinners
- 37–39 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”
- Ephesians 2:12-13
- The Lord has accomplished the impossible so that you might be saved!
- Matthew 19:26
- Acts 2:40-41
- Acts 2:21