The Fullness of Time
Passage: Galatians 4:1–7
Main Idea: Through His Son Jesus, the Father has made a way for us to be redeemed from our sin and secured by His Spirit as members of His family.
The Desperate State of Humanity’s Waiting
- 1–3 I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything, but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father. In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world.
- Galatians 3:23–29
- John 8:31–34
- 2 Corinthians 4:4
The Perfect Implementation of God’s Plan for Redemption
- 4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,
- Colossians 1:15–17
- Job 14:1
- Hebrews 4:14, 15
- 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
- Romans 5:6
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
The Eternal Condition of the Redeemed
- 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
- Romans 8:15, 16
- 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
- John 8:35, 36
- Romans 8:17
- Together, as the family of God, we celebrate Jesus our Savior.