Disciples Making Disciples
Passage: 1 Thessalonians 1:5–1:10
Disciples Make Disciples By Example
- 5b You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.
- 6, 7 And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.
- 1 Corinthians 4:14–16
- 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Acts 14:19–22
- Romans 8:16-17
Disciples Make Disciples By Gospel Proclamation
- 5a because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction.
- 8 For not only has the word of the Lord sounded forth from you in Macedonia and Achaia, but your faith in God has gone forth everywhere, so that we need not say anything.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1–3
- Ephesians 4:15
- 9 For they themselves report concerning us the kind of reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
- Acts 14:15
Disciples Make Disciples Until Christ Returns
- 10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.
- Matthew 24:9–14
- Are we really committed to the biblical mission of making disciples?
- Matthew 28:18–20
- How do I make disciples by example?
- How do I make disciples by gospel proclamation?
- Are there ways that we can be further committed to the mission of making disciples until Christ returns?