The Persecuted Life
Passage: Psalm 119:49–56
Main Idea: The Word of the Lord serves as a great provision in the midst of persecution.
The Word Provides Hope and Comfort in the Face of Persecution
- 49 Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope.
- Lamentations 3:22–24
- 50, 52 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. When I think of your rules from of old, I take comfort, O Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3–7
The Word Reveals the Character and Foolishness of Our Persecutors
- 51 The insolent utterly deride me, but I do not turn away from your law.
- Proverbs 21:24
- Psalm 1:1, 2
- 53 Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked, who forsake your law.
- Proverbs 6:16–19
The Word Provides For Our Worship During Times of Persecution
- 54–56 Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. I remember your name in the night, O Lord, and keep your law. This blessing has fallen to me, that I have kept your precepts.
- Ephesians 5:19, 20
- Psalm 91:3–6
- Where do I go in the face of persecution?
- Psalm 23:1–6